What’s your favorite summertime treat? If you said ice cream, you’re surely not alone. Your dog would probably really enjoy some too, which is why we’ve rounded up some dog-safe homemade ice cream recipes that are quite easy to whip up in the comfort of your own home. We’ve also peppered in some photos of dogs enjoying the delicious frozen treat, so be sure to keep scrolling!
Strawberry Doggy’s Delight Ice Cream
- 1 small tub of fresh strawberries
- 3 or 4 cups of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
1. Mash the strawberries using a potato masher.
2. Mix strawberry mash with yogurt and then freeze overnight.
Carob Chip Puppy’s Choice Ice Cream
- 2 six-ounce containers of low/non-fat, plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup of carob chips
- 1 tbsp. of honey
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well-combined.
2. Pour them into cupcake liners or ice cube trays.
3. Freeze until solid.
Top Dog Ice Cream Cloud Nine
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of natural plain yogurt
- 2 tbsps. of honey
1. Mash the banana and then stir it into the natural yogurt.
2. Warm the cup of peanut butter using a microwave or stove until it’s easy to stir.
3. Add the banana and yogurt mixture and the honey to the softened peanut butter.
4. Mix all ingredients until well-combined.
5. Pour the mixture into a non-stick container and then freeze overnight.
Make It A Dog-Friendly Sundae
Safe toppings for your dog’s ice cream treat include:
- A spoonful of applesauce
- Some dribbles of honey
- Bits of crispy bacon
- A sprinkle of rice krispies
- Dashes of toasted sesame seeds
Remember, you should never add sugar as it’s not good for you pet, and you should use yogurt with active cultures instead of dairy products. We think all the recipes sounds delicious! Which one do you think your furry friend would appreciate most? Let us know in the comments!